The legendary Gary Bizzo from The Bizzo Management Group and Vancouverentrepreneur.ca provides you with The BC Weekly Business Report. On what’s going on in our Province. Every week we bring you all up to date with new ventures, investment opportunities, start ups, technology, business activities and who’s doing what when it comes highlighting local BC entrepreneurs. All this great weekly business news will inform or may even inspire you to get involved, contact, network or even expand or start your own business. Enjoy the show! Episode #11 Vancouver Entrepreneur:Download this episode (right click and save)The more businesses I look at the more I want to invest in them. There is such a robust tech market in BC and funny enough there is lots of money out there for the company with the great idea, some traction in the market, good management and some sales.
1)Talent Games is another startup Talent Games has developed a whole new Crowd-powered Cloud™ecosystem to simplify the process of talent discovery. Talent Games is a social talent discovery agency that owns and operates our locally-global Talent League called StarBeat. Anyone can audition and everyone can rate and participate in discovering their local stars. They are presently local, and are working on making it global. They use the web to crowdsource talent. They designed a game of real-time talent discovery, using proprietary technologies to drive top quality entertainment. They harness the Digital interactive medium – to extend into TV and Physical spectrum. They are looking for some growth financing.
2) Vancity Buzz is a news and lifestyle blog startup that has surpassed the online readership numbers of traditional news organizations. It announced plans to open newsrooms in the competitive markets of Toronto and Montreal.
On the new site, rebranded as Daily Hive, founder and editor Farhan Mohamed stressed that the change is not an acquisition but “an evolution.
3)Accelerate Okanagan announced this week, new access to the Market Intelligence Program (MIP) in collaboration with MaRS in Toronto. The aim of this program is to make it easy for technology companies to access secondary market research that will help move their business forward.
4) MIP can help companies answer questions about market segmentation, size of market, growth rates, types of business models, purchasing habits, demographic data, customer segmentations, and industry trends. This information can be helpful in preparing investor presentations, a launch strategy, MVP planning, Business plan prep, and foreign market entry strategies.
5)Brainy Lantern. This Kelowna-based company offers photographer and videographers a consolidated solution to remote photo- and videography. It provides remote control of their DSLR cameras electronically (camera settings) and mechanically (for example, tilt, pan, zoom, and truck) through their smartphone or tablet. The possibilities are offered through a modular, customizable series of software, hardware, and embedded system products. It’s only $14 on iTunes.
6) Not every business is in it for the money. Volinspire is a community engagement software and APP. It is a Volunteer Relationship Management software that can be used to Recognize Volunteers, Streamline Communication & Management for business, Recruit Volunteers and more. Basic membership is always free. Their mission is to leverage the power of technology to increase engagement of youth, the general public and businesses with important causes in their community.
7)Openbroadcaster – Ever wanted to own & run a radio station? OpenBroadcaster is the world’s first, and only open-source Media Asset Management system on the market for scheduling & streaming with a combination of audio, images and video. What once cost hundreds of thousands of dollars using analog equipment can now be done for hundreds of dollars using our open source protocols, simple network hardware, and regular network cabling to supply an existing multi-billion dollar a year global market for accessible broadcast interoperability, not including streaming services. I know these guys and it is really amazing what you can do with technology these days.
8) It’s unlikely you will ever see Buddybuild, unless you’re a developer. It was founded by former Microsoft and Amazon executive Dennis Pilarinos, said it had raised $7.6-million (U.S.)Buddybuild seeks to address the problem with a platform that gives developers the chance to get quick feedback from end users on bugs, crash reports and other issues as they build apps so they can fix problems early. The tool closes the loop between development teams and user to make the development process faster and more effective. Buddybuild already has 2,000 development companies using its tool on thousands of apps and is adding upward of 500 customers per month. It has doubled its ranks to 15 employees in the past six weeks. The CEO said he was explicit with prospective Silicon Valley backers that he would not accept money from anyone who insisted he relocate to Silicon Valley, a condition many U.S. venture capital firms demand of Canadian startups. Pilarinos, who, like other Vancouver tech CEOs, is a strong proponent of building the local ecosystem. “I was clear – we will build this company in Vancouver and Canada.”
1) 2016 Greater Vancouver Clean Technology Expo & ChampionshipSeptember 28, 2016 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Surrey City Hall presented by Vancity. Prizes for the best clean technology with lots of buyers and investors to meet.
2) Start and Run a Successful E-Commerce Business – VancouverThu, Sep 1, 2016 at 1:00 PM – Vancouver, Canada885 W Georgia St Suite 1500, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E8, Canada, VancouverE-Commerce Creativity Brainstorming Techniques– E-Commerce News – E-Commerce Tools – E-Commerce Startups – E-Commerce Ideas to Explore & Test – E-Commerce Market Researching.
3) Build a massive email list of hungry buyers, with Daniel DeyetteTuesday, September 6, 20166:00 PM to 9:15 PM Spacekraft#201-4501 Kingsway, Burnaby, BCDaniel Deyette shares the same market research tools, strategies and advice he’s used with companies like Disney Interactive, Sketchers shoes and other big companies to give them an unfair advantage in their markets.You’ll also learn the coveted and secret techniques that are working today to help grow a large list of people excited for what you have.