Posted on December 27th 2016
The BC Weekly Business Report: July 5th 2016
The legendary Gary Bizzo from The Bizzo Management Group, who with Vancouverentrepreneur.ca provides you with the: The BC Weekly Business Report. On what’s going on in our Province.” Every week we bring you all up to date with new ventures, investment opportunities, start ups, technology, business activities and who’s doing what when it comes highlighting local BC entrepreneurs. All this great weekly business news will inform or may even inspire you to get involved, contact, network or even expand or start your own business. Enjoy the show!
Episode #4 Vancouver Entrepreneur:
Download this episode (right click and save)
1) Launch Academy, a Vancouver Incubator/accelerator, which we have talked about before, is offering a free email workshop series on How to Build a Startup via their online workshop series. Here’s the Link!
- 2) Change Heros -Taylor Conroy made lots of money in Real Estate and in his 20’s started this leader in peer-to-peer fundraising, They have raised $3M so far. Their goal is to achieve the impact that we want in the world by working together with our community.
Through a combination of thousands of volunteer fundraisers, dozens of charity partners, and the support of corporate sponsors, raised well over millions to fund 100+ projects, including schools, libraries, scholarships, and anti sex trafficking work in 12 developing countries that will impact over 100,000 people.
- 3) Since I got started on change in the world with Change Heroes I thought I’d add Beauty Night Society founded by Caroline MacGillivray
Beauty Night builds self-esteem and changes lives of women and youth living in poverty in Vancouver through 3 streams of programming: wellness, life skills development and makeovers.
- 4) Meatme.co
Honest meat, directly from your local farmers. These folks love great & healthy food (and cooking) and they want to make an impact on how they source their products in the most sustainable way. It’s all about cutting out the middle-man, getting quality product from local farms with a name attached. They are currently crowdfunding $199 buys you a Share that gives you 15lbs of choice cuts.
- 5) Spring which has been an incubator/accelerator Launched Global Startup School a couple months ago to Establish Vancouver as Hub of International Entrepreneurship. Keith Ippel, Co-founder and partner of Spring said “Spring University exists because while supporting entrepreneurs in hubs like Vancouver and San Francisco is great, we’ll change the world by making tools, training, and resources available in all communities.
- 6) Kamloops Innovation is a non-profit society that serves the Central Interior region of British Columbia, and is a BCIC Acceleration Network partner. Kamloops Innovation supports The Generator, an on-campus entrepreneurial community at Thompson Rivers University. The Generator provides mentorship, education, venture creation, and seed funding support for TRU alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
- 7) Hummingbird Drones
Co-founders Robert Atwood and Richard Sullivan started Hummingbird provides low-level infrared scanning and mapping for wildfire agencies and emergency response agencies.
In 2015, Hummingbird Drones became the first unmanned aerial vehicle service provider in North America to be engaged as part of wildfire suppression activity.
With a mix of industry experience, proprietary software and proprietary hardware, Hummingbird has designed a service tailored to wildfire suppression activity.
1) Kamloops – Learn more about egaming security and the power of blockchain technology: https://t.co/nBVwkn3Pnz #kamloops https://t.co/3z2B1vOiX1
July 13, Red Collar Brewing
355 Lansdowne St
Kamloops, BC V2C 1X9
Pitch new startup ideas, get mentorship and support, and connect with entrepreneurs in the Startup Community. Whether it’s just an idea or a business you’ve already started, Startup Coffee (beers!) is a great opportunity to pitch and get feedback over a pint.
- 2) Design and Content Conference: July 20th to 22nd
Will take place in the heart of Vancouver at Simon Fraser University’s
- Designers and content strategists team up and learn from industry leaders to craft experiences and tell stories that shape the future of the web. A day of workshops, two days of talks, and some brilliant extras.
- 3) Vancouver BC Regional Success Training 2016 – Friday July 22nd at 12:00 pm – Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront – 1133 West Hastings Street
Everything rises and falls on leadership. Sharpen your leadership skills
and learn effective strategies at building and developing your team and business.
- 4) Unleash Your Power in Business
By: Entrepreneur’s Academy 6:30pm JULY 6, 2016 – SURREY BC
Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel – 15269 104 Avenue, Surrey,
- 5) Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) Networking Evening
Tuesday, 12 July 2016 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (PDT)
Tap & Barrel (Olympic Village)
1 Athlete’s Way
Annual summer get together. It will be a great evening of good conversation and informal connections!